Regarding the handling of information including personal information pertaining to users of its services, Newspad
Collection of Personal Information
Newspad collects the following types of personal information.
- Email address, year and month of birth, and gender, as requested at the time of user
registration at Newspad
- User information as specified to the user at the time of confirmation of linkage with an
- Information on devices used, such as smart devices and computers
- Logs of activity within Newspad, as collected, recorded, and analyzed by Google Analytics (includes absolutely no
information that could be used to identify a specific individual)
- User information pertaining to linkage between Newspad and the Stripe Payments API (includes absolutely no
credit card information, billing information, etc.)
- Cookies from browsers used
Use of Personal Information
Newspad uses the personal information it collects for the purposes listed below
- For confirmation and identity verification
- In the preparation of statistical data relating to Newspad
- For the implementation of marketing activities, including the delivery of advertising,
surveys, and promotions
- In order to respond to queries
- For other communications as necessary, including important information regarding
- For billing of fees and calculation of charges
- To improve service and in the development of new features
- In systems maintenance and in order to respond to malfunctions
- In order to prevent improper use
Management of Personal Information
- Newspad maintains the accuracy of personal information and manages said information
- Newspad takes the appropriate information security measures in order to prevent
instances such as the loss, destruction, falsification, and unauthorized disclosure of personal information.
- Newspad properly manages personal information and has taken precautions against
instances such as the loss, destruction, falsification, and unauthorized disclosure of personal information
through measures such as the establishment of an administrative system and employee training.
Regarding the Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
Newspad manages user information appropriately, and will not provide this information to any third party without
the consent of the user in question. However, the following cases are excluded.
- Cases in which disclosure is pursuant to law
- Cases in which disclosure is necessary to protect the life, health, or property of an
individual or individuals
- Cases in which disclosure is particularly necessary in order to promote the improvement
of public health or the healthy upbringing of children, and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent
of the individual in question
- Cases in which it is necessary to cooperate toward the execution of the duties, as
established by law, of national government agencies, local public bodies, or any entity that has been
commissioned by any such agency or body, and in which the act of obtaining consent from the individual in
question may impede the execution of said duties
- Cases in which, in order to complete payments relating to services provided by this
company, information is disclosed to businesses that are acting as payment service providers, including
financial institutions, credit card companies, and collection agencies
- Cases in which information is disclosed to entities bound by duty of confidentiality to
- Cases in which, in the event that the operation of Newspad is taken over by another
business due to merger, business transfer, or any other reason, information is disclosed to the entity
taking over said operations
the user’s device, which transmit information such as usage history between the user’s browser and the server.
settings so as to disable cookies. However, if cookies are disabled, the user’s experience when using Newspad
via the website may be affected.
Handling of Personal Information by Linked Content Providers
Personal information recorded by providers of content distributed by Newspad is not under Newspad’s management.
provider of the content in question.
Linkage with Outside Services
Users who have given their consent are able to link their accounts at outside services operated by third parties
with Newspad. However, any information provided by users to outside services will not be under the management of
Newspad will review its operations relating to the handling of user information as appropriate, endeavor to