provided by Newspad (hereinafter, “the Service”). Users of the Service (hereinafter, “the user”) must abide by
these Terms. By using the Service, the user shall be considered to have consented to these Terms.
Use of Personal Information
The personal information of the user shall be used in connection with provision of the Service in accordance with
Ownership of Rights
Copyright and other intellectual property rights associated with the Service belong to the Service. Copyright and
other intellectual property rights associated with the main text and accompanying photographs of news articles
provided by the Service (hereinafter, “content”) belong to the third party which possesses valid rights to said
content. For inquiries regarding content, please contact the provider of said content directly.
- During the term of a premium membership contract, the user must pay a commensurate
annual or monthly user fees determined by the Service (hereinafter, “user fees”).
- User fees vary depending on the method of payment (Apple, web billing).
- For users who select a monthly contract, the contract shall be automatically renewed
every month, while for users who select an annual contract; the contract shall be automatically renewed
- In the event of registration or cancellation partway through a month, user fees for the
unused period are not adjusted or refunded on a pro-rated basis.
- Receipts are not issued for user fees. Please check the usage details for your method of
payment (Apple, credit card company).
- Once paid, user fees shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Service contents and user fees may be modified as the Service deems necessary.
- The Service uses the secure payment API provided by the internationally famous Stripe. Credit card information (card number, expiration
date, CVC number, cardholder name) is not stored in the Service’s database.
- The currency set at the time of the first payment may not be changed thereafter for any
- A subscription begins immediately upon the completion of payment processing. The
subscription fee is billed with within 1-7 business days.
- All data used by the Service is encrypted via SSL certificate.
iTunes & App Store
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. (Apple Support Page)
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
The user must not engage in any of the following acts when using the Service.
- Any act which infringes upon the copyright, other intellectual property rights, or
economic benefits of the Service or a third party, or which is likely to do so
- Any act which violates the law or public order and morality, or which is likely to do
- Any act which inflicts harm on another user or third party, or which is likely to do
- Any act which impedes the operation of the Service, or which is likely to do so
- Any other behavior the Service deems inappropriate
Modification of the Service
The Service may at any time modify, cancel, suspend, or discontinue (hereinafter, “modify”) the Service, in whole
or in part, at its own discretion without advance notice to the user. Furthermore, in the event the user suffers
damages as a result of such modification, the Service shall assume no liability for any compensation for such
The Service offers no guarantee regarding the behavior of the Service or compatibility with any devices used. The
Service offers no guarantee regarding the completeness, accuracy, legality, or utility of the Service, nor of
the accuracy, validity, legality, utility, etc. of information acquired through the use of the Service. The
Service assumes no liability for any losses suffered by the user due to the use or inability to use the Service
under any circumstances.
The Service reserves the right to modify these Terms at any time the Service deems necessary without advance
notice to the user. The modified Terms shall be considered in effect from the point in time at which they are
posted within the Service, and continued use of the Service by the user following modification to these Terms
shall be considered valid and irrevocable consent to the modified Terms.
Japanese law shall be applicable regarding the establishment, validity, execution, and resolution of these
Court of Jurisdiction
In the event of a dispute in connection with these Terms, the Tokyo District Court shall be the exclusive court
of jurisdiction in the first instance.